The Comenius School (TCS) administers the Terra Nova 3 standardized test for students in the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th & 9th grades. The Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) has adopted the “Terra Nova 3” series as their norm for testing. While this is the Christian Edition, there are no Bible knowledge questions. There may be references to Bible characters or stories in the test content.
TCS strongly encourages testing for umbrella students in grades 3, 6, and 9. Students in grades 4, 5, 7, and 8 may test if registered through the registration process in a timely manner. Test results will go into your student’s permanent school records. A copy of your student’s scores will be given to you along with any information on how to interpret them. These scores will not be released to anyone else, including local educational agencies, unless you release the cumulative file for transfer purposes. ASCI does not keep copies of your student’s test results.
- Testing registration begins in mid-December and ends in mid-February.
- TCS students may elect to test elsewhere, using a certified tester. It is the responsibility of the parents to submit test scores for their student’s cumulative file.
- TCS holds our policies and our respect for the God-given authority parents wield in the lives of their children in a dynamic tension. Therefore, we accord parents the right to choose to bypass testing in grades 3, 6, and 9.
Unfortunately, these tests are not designed for students with special needs. While we would not refuse your special needs student participation, we strongly recommend you seek a source designed for your student’s abilities. Middle Tennessee Home Education Association (MTHEA) should be able to offer assistance in finding appropriate help.
The Comenius School requires the PSAT testing for grades 10 and 11. Your ninth grader may test if space is available.
- The PSAT is administered on Franklin Classical School’s campus every October. The test is given nationally on the same date and at the same time. There is no make-up date for the PSAT.
- Registration begins with summer TCS enrollment in July and ends in early-September; space is limited so early enrollment, allowing early PSAT registration, is advised.
Directions To Testing
65S to Franklin – take exit 65/Route 96/Murfreesboro Road – Turn Right (west) towards Franklin. Take Route 96 all the way into Historic Downtown Franklin and turn left onto Church Street. Franklin Classical School Campus will be on your right at 408 Church Street. Testing will take place on the 2nd Floor. Follow the signs to the correct room for your student(s)