Umbrella Program – Services
Umbrella Program – Services
Click here to submit an application: Umbrella Program Application
The Comenius School serves our families through a variety of programs. A partial listing is given below.
- Administer PSAT Test(Franklin location) for grades 10 and 11; available to 9th grade, space permitting
- Administer Standardized Test (Franklin location) for grades 3-9 (grades 3, 6, and 9 are encouraged to test; grades 4, 5, 7, and 8 are welcome to test at their parents’ discretion)
- Assist in school transfer
- General Advisement
- High School advisement for graduation requirements
- Maintain all academic records
- Monthly Newsletters
- Regular Office Hours
- RenWeb School Management System (communication, re-enrollment, etc)
- Summer School
- Sports programs for grades 6-12 (additional fees, contact Thom Coghlan at email@example.com)
- One Day A Week Tutorial for grades K-12
- Three Day A Week Tutorial for Grades 9-12
- Transcripts, diplomas, driver’s forms, verification of school enrollment
- Group Discount for Home School Legal Defense (HSLD) – See details under Legal Info Tab
- Regular Registration runs from February 1 – August 15
- Late Registration runs from August 16 – August 31 with a $25 late fee (per student)
- Enrollment after September 1st will be considered on a case by case basis
- Returning students who have not registered by September 1st will be removed from TCS’s roster and risk homeschooling illegally
- Students withdrawn or absent from school for more than 5 days prior to applying to TCS will not be eligible for enrollment
- Seniors will not be eligible for enrollment after Dec 1
- Summer School Registration runs from June 1 – June 15; Late registration will access a $25 late fee.
Tutorial Enrollment Season
The enrollment season for the Comenius School tutorial runs from February 1 through June 30th.
- Deadline for returning tutorial students is April 30th. Reenrollment after April 30th will incur a $25 late fee.
- Deadline for New tutorial applicants is June 30th.
All families are encouraged to begin the process as early as possible to ensure that sufficient time is allowed for a peaceful process.
$75 per student K-5th grade
$105 per student 6th-8th grade
$125 per student 9th-12th grade
$125 per student – Summer School (June 15 – August 15)
$25 per student will be added to all registrations after August 15
Family Enrollment Fee Cap
TCS understands that as a whole, the homeschooling community is mindful of stewarding their financial resources wisely. In a desire to respect that priority, TCS offers its families with multiple children a Family Enrollment Fee Cap of $375 per academic year when enrolled by August 15th. Please determine if you are eligible for the FEFC prior to completing your online application or online re-enrollment and follow the instructions given to take advantage of the FEFC.
Application Fee for NEW students: $50 paid on-line
Reenrollment Fee: $30 Enrollment is manual and done in-house. Contact our registrar to complete reenrollment process.
Tuition K-6: $2000 for the 1st student; discounts available for multiple children. Speak to our TCS Admissions for more information.
Tuition 6-12: $2000 plus electives (based on course selection); discounts available for multiple children. Speak to our TCS Admissions for more information.
- Service fee on all returned checks – $25
- Standardized testing (grades 3-9) – $30 per TCS student to be paid in February
- PSAT (grades 10 & 11) – $40 per TCS student to be paid in September
- Monday Workshops – Varies with workshop
- School Pictures (optional) – cost depends on package ordered
- Transcript – first 3 (annually) for enrolled students at no charge. Additional are $5 each. There is a $5 fee per request for Graduates or withdrawn students.
- DMV form – no charge (replacement for expired form is $5)
- $5 late fee will be accessed for testing registration made after deadline and is based on space available.
Umbrella tuition is non-refundable unless requested within 10 days of application or re-enrollment submission.
Tutorial contracts are binding unless cancelled within 10 business days of signing.